Wednesday 24 June 2009

Dreams (1955)

Dreams (aka Journey Into Autumn aka Kvinnodröm)

This was a very strangely middle of the road film. I've seen far, far worse before, but it wasn't a great film either. If anything it was just a pleasent way of spending 84 minutes. It was a very mild film. There were two plots concerning Eva Dahlbeck's fashion photographer and her model Harriet Andersson, and both their stories are essentially variations of the same theme.

The two leading actresses are joined by Gunnar Björnstrand, making this another film with Bergman's current favourite trio of actors. That said, I really liked Björnstrand in this movie, but I'm not quite sure why. I think it may be the absolute look of fear on his face while on a rollercoaster.

The only other thing in the movie that stood out for me was how much Eva Dahlbeck's character reminded me of an ex-girlfriend. So I found Dahlbeck's character quite creepy.

A pleasent film.

Rating- 6/10

Top 5-
1) Waiting Women
2) Prison
3) Summer With Monika
4) A Lesson In Love
5) Dreams

No comments:

Post a Comment